Saturday, January 30, 2010

People Affect You - for good or for bad!



A common expression we often hear is that "Peole come into our lives for a reason, a seson, or a lifetime". We especally hear this when someone has passed on or when a relationships comes to an end. What ever the situation, how ever long the time, the people you meet, the people you are around, the people that come and go in and out of your life leaves an impression on you which brings about a change ... you are never the same.

In our lifetime, there are always people who leave their mark within us. Whatever kind of mark they leave, whether it is good or bad, these people seem to affect our lives in one way or another. The affect may be great joy or great pain. But generally speaking, people come into our lives for a reason. Some times, it could be that they are here to help us solve a problem, teach us a lesson, teach us more abut ourselves. Sometimes people pass in and out of our lives very quickly, others are friends for a lifetime. These are friends to be cherised. These are the people who grow and learn with us and continue to inspire us and make our lives more interesting, creating a greater depth wthin us.

I had a very close frined in High School; she was quite pretty, very bright, intelligent ... in fact she was the school Valedictorian! I was more social and considered that aspect of my life more important than studying. In our senior year we had a Biology class together. My beautiful, intelligent friend tutored me through and I got a B+ and she of course got an A. That one class made a big impact on my life. I found out that studying could be fun and rewarding. Infact, when I went to college I got on the Dean's List for good grades. Imagine that! To this day I love learning, reading and gaining new knowledge.

How about you, have you had someone in your life that made an impact on you that actually turned you around from the direction you were going ... be it good or bad?

We can all learn from each other ... it would be great if you would share your experience and in turn you will be impacting our lives!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting post. Yes, in my life there have been individuals who have influenced me enough for me to change the course of my actions. For example, I owe a lot to certain teachers who paid extra attention to me at certain times when I needed help.

Sorry, but I don't have time to elaborate on this train of thought. But who knows, maybe I'll post something about this on my blog at a future time. Then you will have done me a service by sharing your thoughts.

Take care! Love your blog.
Best wishes,
Anna

Over The Top Aprons said...

Anna, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.